I used them to decorate my Quilter's Planner and I am very happy with the result.
Ok, let's get started:
You need two different fabrics, fabric A and fabric B. I cannot say how much you will need, because it is up to you to decide how many you need and how big they ought to be.
In this tutorial I use 2 1/2" pieces.
1. First of all cut from each fabric a 2 1/2" strip. You need only half the amount of fabric B as of fabric A
2. From these strips cut 2 1/2" squares
3. Cut the squares from fabric B once diagonally, so you get two triangles
4. Lay one triangle (B) right side together on a square (A) aligning two sides
5. Sew around the two sides with a 1/4" seam allowance
6. Make some more of these, so you something to work with
7. Cut the square diagonally
8. Cut off the dogs ears
9. Now you have some triangles on the right side, some on the left side. I will call them left piece and right piece. It is important to keep them apart unless you like headaches...
10. Everything ok so far? Ok, so now we begin the puzzle. It is actually easy once you get started and get the gist of it. But those first pieces might be a bit challenging. Put one right piece on the table in front of you and a left piece next to it just like in the picture
11. Now flip the right piece over and sew the upper seam
12. Iron it open
13. Put the next piece next it like in the picture, flip it over and sew the seam
14. Iron the piece and put the next piece next to it like in the picture.
15. I think by now you can get along on your own :-) Just keep going and have fun!