June 3, 2016

A brownie came to visit

Brownies belong into fairy tales you might think, but I know better! Last Thursday in walked a brownie in my apartment, dumped her bag on the bed, took a look at my to do list descreetly written on the mirrow and immediately sat down by the sewing machine. And she looked through my bits and pieces, asked some questions about colour preferences and block sizes and got started! Just like that!

And you know what? This brownie did not want any sweeties, she kept going on cuppas. Oh yes, lots of them, but still affordable :-)

Just look at what she did!


The last two blocks for Erika and two Serendipity candles for Susanne in the Bowlegged curvy bee.



Next came three blocks for Judith in the same bee and now I only need to make one more.



Looks like a lot, doesn't it. But not enough with these gorgeous bee blocks, no she looked around and found another bee block I've been successfully procrastinating. It was a lovely block for Martina, but we were so eager to hand it over to her we did not take any pictures. Sorry about that! But I am sure Martina will show her quilt when finished, so you can see it there.

And what did I do while my sewing machine was occupied? Nothing at all; I just made sure the sofa would stay where it supposed to be, You might say I was holding it down  :-)

Thank you sweetie for some lovely days; I would be miserable without you as my friend!

13 comments:

  1. Danke Kirsten; sie ist auch eine ganz besondere Person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know something? I had fun! Interfering with someone else's life and bits and bobs, and playing with their sewing machine and fabrics! what a lovely way to spend a little time! Thank you for a wonderful break from my reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome bach anytime dear!It was so good to have you here for a few days.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for helping me, too. I was so happy to have you also do my candle block ;)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes everyone needs a brownie or a friend or a Heinzelmännchen. You can be so happy to have such a great friend. Not only because of the sewing but also because she is just great...next time I also come to your sewing date ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! I know I am speaking for Rachel as well :-)

      Delete
  4. I am glad you had fun, but hope to meet rachel next time. Great blocks as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, she wants to meet you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh was für ein Schatz Rachel doch ist. Toll, wenn Freunde einem ohne viel Worte einfach so die Arbeit abnehmen. Wie weit seid ihr zwei noch mit euren Gänsen gekommen?

    LG Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, sie ist einfach knuffig! Die Gänse sind fast fertig; ich hatte nur leider keine Zeit um die letzten Griffe zu machen. Aber bald :-)

      Delete