February 26, 2016

Two bees

As happens in January I was queen in two German bees; the Modern Cologne Bee and Fleißige Bee'nchen. Of course I do not "need" more quilts, but honestly, that is not a good reason for not making more, is it? I looked around for ideas for a while and remembered I'd promised to make a quilt for friends. Actually I promised a long time ago, but sometimes other things just push themselves in front of fun.

They papered a guest room/den with fabrics, mainly in yellow with a bit of blue. I've written about the papering a couple of years ago, but you can read about it here in case you are interested.Yes, they do a lot of things themselves and their house is simply adorable! For their quilt they chose a traditional pattern, the Bear Paw. Not really a challenge for my quilting heart, but what they want they will get. So Bear Paw it is.

I sat down and wrote the instructions come January, actually I wrote them four times I think. And I made a sample block and wondered why it did not look so well... So I cut my fabrics again, and then a third time. And then there was the hassle with the letters; one lady did not get the instructions, and one did not get anything at all. Well, I had fever and it is NOT a good idea to do anything like this as long as you are not fit.

But hey, everything was well in the end and almost all the finished blocks are back again. Now I have to deside what to do with them. I think I might change the pattern a bit and make it slightly more interesting. We will see!



Johanna was Miss February at the Fleißige Bee'nchen Bee and wanted some hexagon log cabins. They look cute with the fussy cut in the middle, don't they? I am not a big fan of log cabin, but this one is fun!


Martina is Miss February with the Modern Cologne Bee and she wants something curvy. It looks really difficult and I haven't started on it yet. I need some courage first...

6 comments:

  1. Hallo May, I cannot believe it - go for it. You can do it. Maybe, but only if you are totally frightened, we can do it together. It´s more fun to sew together anyways ;) Have fun this weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich finde deine Sammlung großartig, May, und ich bin sehr gespannt, WAS du letztlich daraus zaubern wirst ... ich bin sicher, am Ende wird der Quilt genauso wunderschön aussehen wie alle deine anderen Quilts davor ... ;))) deine Freunde werden glücklich sein!!!
    Und, das Angebot von Martina würde ich SOFORT annehmen!!! =D
    Mit einer dicken Umarmung, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Kirsten und danke für das Lob; es tut richtig gut! Ich befürchte ich werde auch Martinas Angebot annehmen müssen. Ich und Kurven nähen... oh, oh

      Delete
  3. May you can absolutely nail those curves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the confidence, but I am scared stiff!

      Delete