February 28, 2016

Screen printing with Karen Lewis

Karen Lewis

My very dear friend Rachel asked me some time ago if I would like to join her screen printing. Of course I immediately said yes, little knowing what it was about. Actually I googled screen painting some time later and was rewarded with a lot of ... well you had better see for yourself :-) So let us say, I was not as keen as I might have been.

Busy ladies
The nearer the date came the more questions I got about where I was going and I kept saying screen painting... Actually I only got it right one day before I was leaving and I was really excited! This looked very good indeed and very good it was!

Yesterday the bunch of us, Rachel, hubbie Sam and daughter Catherine set out to get introduced to the secrets of screen printing. 
Making a pattern
It was only a small group, Karen, the lovely Di who took care of everything and 8 of us eager to learn as much as we could. Karen is a lovely person and talented as well. She explained everything so well we got the gist of it very fast and soon were drawing patterns like we'd never done anything else.  


Result
You can see here what I came up with. I am extremely pleased with myself I must say :-)
Another pattern
I am not going to tell you in detail all the steps; Karen has written an excellent book called Screen printing at home

All in all it was a very satisfactory experience; I thorougly enjoyed myself and am sure going to do a lot of it. And now I am off scrubbing inc from under my fingernails...



Happy faces after a very productive day


Dear Karen; thank you for everything, hope to see you in Cologne soon!

I'm linking up with Modern Patch Monday over at the Modern Cologne Quilter. 

Should you be around next Sunday please visit us (The Modern Cologne Quilter) at the lalala patchwork & more in Bensberg, Germany. We will be waiting for you with some coffee and cakes and lots and lots to tell. If you are coming we would love to see your Et Dömsche block. You will find a freebie here.

And now, last but not least, thank you Rachel for an absolutely gorgeous experience! You are spoiling me rotten! I do not know what I've done to earn a friend like you! 

15 comments:

  1. Hallo May,
    This looks fantastic and I am even more curious to see your results. So many great ideas are out there.
    See you soon
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina; can't wait to tell you all about it and show off the goodies! :-)

      Delete
  2. Also was sich hinter Screen Printing verbirgt habe ich zwar immer noch nicht genau verstanden, aber eure Ergebnisse sind spektakulär! Liebe Grüße von Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Martina, es screen printing heißt Siebdruck auf Deutsch, wenn es weiter hilft? Vielleicht kann ich ja am Samstag ein bisschen mehr erzählen, wenn wir uns sehen. Ich freue mich schon!

      Delete
  3. Liebe May,

    das sieht ganz fantastisch aus. Warum hat der Tag bloß so wenig Stunden???? Einen Zusammenfassung von der Freitagsbesprechung kommt sobald wie möglich.

    LG Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vielen Dank! Es hat sehr viel Spaß gemacht und ich werde definitiv weiter mit dieser Technik arbeiten. Keine Sorge wegen der Zusammenfassung; vielleicht kannst du es ja einfach erzählen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can promise you, it was a delight to have you over here... Now I just need another excuse... the printing was fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps we should do a bit of printing, just the two of us? And you know no excuses are needed for me to hop over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that book! I didn't get as great results as you did- well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your results were stunning. As to my results; I had Karen looking over my shoulder, might have helped a tiny bit :-)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post May. Your company was part of the success of the day - thanks so much for participating so fully and with joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Di; it was lovely to meet you! Perhaps we will see each other again one day?

      Delete
  9. I am soooo jealous! I would love to meet Karen Lewis and experience one of her workshops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen, well you wish might come true! Karen is willing to come to Germany, but I haven't enough interested parties yet....

      Delete