February 22, 2016

Bubbles and Linky Monday

Bees are fun! I enjoy the excitement in joining a bee. To see what it is all about, see who else is signing up, see the ideas and most of all I like chatting with people all over the world.

At the moment I'm in five bees, all of them different. Today I am  going to present you the Bubbles Bee, hosted by Aylin in Berlin.

January Block for Sue


It is a rather straightforward, down-to-business bee. It is an international one so you get partners from oversea as well as from your own part of the world.
You had to buy the pattern, sign up, promise you were going to abide by the rules and soon you knew whom you were sewing for.  I signed up for 9 blocks, all in orange, 12 1/2" * 12 1/2", so no big variation here. Or so I thought.

These are the block I've received so far. Lovely are they not? And all so different!



Yesterday I finished my February block for Nela and will send it on its way to her as soon as I find an envelope.



Just in case you did not know there is a linky party at the Modern Cologne Quilter. There you can show the world what ever you finished during the weekend. You will not regret it!

See you soon, take care!


15 comments:

  1. Hello May, your bubbles quilt will be just gorgeous.Sunny bubbles all over. I love it. Greetings from Bonn, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not too colorful for you...? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, they are rather fun! But I do not know yet what to make with them :-)

      Delete
  4. Hey there,

    So many beautiful bubbles over here. Guess your partnes will love them.

    Greetings

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Bubbles rocken, besonders die in Orange!!! Liebe Grüße von Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Martina, lieb, dass du vorbeischaust! Ja, orange ist im Moment meine Lieblingsfarbe :-)

      Delete
  6. The bubble blocks are lovely May, what a delightful quilt they will make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so Fiona, but I am not sure what I am going to make with them.

      Delete
  7. The bubble blocks are lovely May, what a delightful quilt they will make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bubble blocks and all the colours. I'm looking for a block for me in my bee, and I'm going to think about a block like this. I love log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them; they are easy and fun to make.

      Delete
  9. Love the bubbles - what cheerful quilt they will make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benta, I'm thinking of making some flying geese, or perhaps a snail trail to accompany them. What do you think?

      Delete