January 6, 2014

Beam me up Scotty!

First of all I want to wish you all a Happy New Year! Lots of sewing and what ever else makes you happy! Kind of scary that a new year has started with so much left from last year to do...

But that is not what I wanted to write about this time. There is just this question troubling me since some time - am I the only one with extraterrestrial experiences? I'm not thinking UFOs this time (who hasn't loads of those somewhere hidden deep behind other stuff?) No, I'm talking real uncanny phenomens! Like that time I was making some totes for the London FQR and a zipper was beamed off into outer space. Oh yes, it was! One moment it was in my hand and the next it was gone, forever! Well, one of those things I thought and went out to buy a new one. Still it troubled me, because I couldn't find the zipper. And I still haven't!



Now, last week I was finishing 8 parts for a Flying Home Compass block. I sat in my chair, removed the paper from the backside and started pinning the pieces together. It didn't take me long to realize two left parts had disappeared into thin air! I couldn't find them anywhere and by now I've looked through the trash twice. And I did have 8 pieces to start with; found the paper for all eight in the bin. Gone just like that!

I've been looking for those pieces the whole week, hoping they would turn up, but so far nothing!
Am I getting feebleminded? No of course not!

5 comments:

  1. Think you have some gremlins there May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so annoying, I hope you find them! I lost my keys for 48 hours - and found them in a handbag I wasn't using the night I lost them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was I! I took them! right out of your hand! and I was not even there! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of thing happens to me sometimes too. I usually blame a kid or the cat, but sometimes I know it is someone else (cue spooky music).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will no doubt appear when you have done over those parts, finished the quilt and ready to move on. Happens to me all the time. Have stopped looking for stuff longer than 15 minutes LOL

    ReplyDelete