November 9, 2013

Fussy cut squares swap

I know, I know, I should not sign up for any swaps, but once in a while I cannot resist. Must be some kind of defect in my genes. The latest one is the fussy cut square swap hosted by Amanda (whatthebobbin). 

The task was an easy one; only 12 paper pieced 4 ½” x 4 ½” blocks. I’m not a great fan of paper piecing, but this one even I could manage. Well, almost. Block no 11 turned out to be a beast. I cut it wrongly, twice! How stupid can you get? You’d think after the first mistake you’d check everything, but nooooo…


Anyway; I managed and here are my blocks. They are already in Texas, waiting to be distributed and sent on their way to their new homes.

It was such fun to make these blocks that I even made a deal with Anneliese (mailfromthecheekymonkey) to swap three directly with her.
Here are the ones Anneliese sent to me. Too cute for words!


And here are her new blocks in exchange. They are already on their way to Ireland.

Now, what do you do with these blocks? Frankly I hadn’t the slightest until I saw something like this; a small sewing case. So I had a session with my sewing machine and out came this:


I’m giving it away to a young girl, but at least I have an idea what to make with my loot when it finally hits my post box. 

And what have you been up to today?

9 comments:

  1. Those cows are just too cute! I am pleased you got your fussies done and dusted- despite lack of co-operation from no. 11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not tell you how many times I got wrong even if I had a practice before. I love all the tiny blocks you made and finally one little Moomin comes to my house! I can not wait! Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. That needle case is fab! The fabric is so cheerful and it looks so useful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blocks May, and the needle case is a great idea for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I'm so glad you signed up :^)

    I've had the best time making these tiny blocks - because of course I can't help getting sucked into those things! But like you, I have no real idea what I'll do with them... I just love cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your blocks. Not fond of paper piecing either. Needle case is great, gotta make one of those. Have seen your Tut on how. Just stopping by to say Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a intelligent weblog. I mean it. You have a lot expertise about this situation, and a lot enthusiasm. You also know how to produce men and women rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design right here thats not also flashy, but tends to make a statement as massive as what youre declaring. Excellent position, in fact.

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete