July 31, 2013

Meeting a new friend, Benta


I'd promised Benta (Benta@SlikStitches) to see her next time I was in London and July the 22nd was a date that suited both of us. The only problem was the Fat Quarterly Retreat 2013. It was kind of overwhelming. Benta had to work, so she couldn't come, but promised to put up with me afterwards.

After some very intensive time at the FQR I went for a quiet lunch with Rachel (Mammafairy) and her son Alex to calm down and find myself again (my ears were ringing from all the talk and my head was full of impressions). Afterwards I went for a walk around the lovely city and slowly got on the underground for Benta's place. To tell the truth I wasn't so convinced it was such a good idea to meet someone I only knew online. Well you know everything about what can go wrong yourselves, no need for me to spell it out...



But there she was, waiting in her car for me and I felt immediately at home with her. She's a lovely person and looks quite like my best friend in Finland, only a bit taller.

She took me to her home without any visible hesitation and presented me to her family and friends like I'd always been around. We had a lovely time that first evening together eating, laughing  and talking in her garden.



Itchy

Scratchy


The next morning I slept long and spent the rest of the morning keeping her husband, Brian, from working, chatting about everything that came to mind. Benta had to work until midday, but afterwards we had some time to ourselves talking about the really important things, like quilting....It was soooo goood!

Not enough that she gave me a bed for the night and food on my plate, no she even gave me some gorgeous gifts. Aren't they lovely?



This arm thing is lovely, but scratchy. I've got some new plans for it. Hope you don't mind Benta!

Thanks Benta for everything! Hope to see you soon, perhaps at my place this time!

Tusen tack!

10 comments:

  1. How great to meet virtual friends for real May sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I had a wonderful time! So sorry I missed you in Riga. Perhaps next time?

      Delete
  2. How fun! It would be so nice to meet all you lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well do come over here! We'd love to meet you!

      Delete
  3. oh, I am so jealous! I wish I could have been there too! Next time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Perhaps you could come to the FQR next year in London? Or just come to my place!

      Delete
  4. So wonderful that you two got to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally I'm catching up with blogs, it was lovely to meet you and to have you here :-), no of bourse I don't mind about you improving the bracelet, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of hanging it in the window with some other sewing stuff...

      Delete