August 17, 2012

Pay it forward

Hands off from new projects has been my motto for the last month or so. It still is.
Working on UFOs has its ups and downs. The up part is where you see progress and get that glowing feeling that what you are working on might be great. Perhaps even get finished.

The downs are where you realize why a UFO got to be an UFO in the first place. The hard place where you have to decide if it's really worth the efforts to “save” what you’ve done, or if it should mercifully be released of its pains…A quiet trip into the garden and there…. Booom! The lid shuts on the trash bin to hide any evidence of the deed.

Still, this cannot be all life has to offer, can it? I was really happy as Rachel from Mammafairy sews reminded me of how much fun it is to give things away and to receive a surprise gift myself in exchange.
This is what she wrote (a bit of copy and paste):

Here's the idea:

1. I will make something for the first 3 people to comment on this post. What I make will be a surprise, and could arrive anytime in the next year. It will be a random surprise in your mail box.
 
2. To sign up, you need to play along as well. (pay it forward) - post this, or something similar on your blog.

3. You must have a blog (or else where are you going to post this, silly?)
 
When you comment, I will email you to get your mailing address and you will receive something from me.  Let's spread the bloggy love, guys!

Just in case you are wondering, yes I will do international shipping.  

I’ve done it once before. I never received my gift and one of the ones I sent away came back again due to a bad address. I still have it; that is, most of it. The chocolates seem to have disappeared somewhere…One of those unsolved mysteries.

Still, it was great fun to figure out what to do and send those parcels away. I’m all in for another round. Just let me show you what I found in a parcel yesterday. I ordered something for the PIF and this is how it was packed. Cute idea, isn't it?


Perhaps one of these “sweets” has your name on it, that is, if you sign up and pay the spirit of giving forward in your turn. Or it could be something else, who knows. I have some hidden talents and lots of ideas...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, i'm the first one to sign up for this Jeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I'd love to pay it forward. : )

    ReplyDelete