June 1, 2012

The very first time

Yes – there is a first time for everything, the first steps, the first love, the first job, the first quilt and now my first time as a guest blogger! There are a lot more first times which I wrote about in my own blog Quiltar och Silver a few years ago.

My name is Annika, I come from the southern part of Sweden, and I’m very proud (and a bit nervous!) to be the first guest blogger from the Scrappy? See Bee It group. A group which May/Fabraholic started last month (very suitable: May for the month of May!). The participants – all women in different ages and at different places in their lives -  comes from all over the world and I’m looking forward to get to know everyone better.

Each month one Queen Bee is “in charge” and decides which block and colors she want the bee-friends to make for her and the quilt she will make.

And what a challenge she gave us for the month of May: a 12,5 inch block with wonky stars!! The smallest – not bigger than 3 inch square almost made me crazy, but with a great deal of help from Mrs Ripper I finally managed to get my block ready and sent it away.

This month – June – I’m the Queen Bee and the block I have chosen is a very traditional one. The colors are white, light yellow and bluish. Welcome to visit my blog where I show both the block I made for May and also my own block and – since this is a special occasion for me – also a gift from me to you.

Thank you Annika for everything! This is me again, May.

You know what this amazing woman's done? Not only did she write a guest post, but she sent me this.

It's so beutitul and I just love the Kaffe Fasset fabrics!

I must say I don't regret a single minute of the bee. Not only do we have a nice time together, but we get these georgeous blocks. So far I've got two. The second one is from Carla in Canada.


So cute! I'm happy these stars are going to shine together in a quilt..

But that is not all; I did get some signature blocks and gifts as well. Some cute starry buttons and a note pad with Fabraholics anonymus. Yes, I'm one spoiled brat.



6 comments:

  1. So glad your block made it there in good time. I am glad you like it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I'll make your block soon May! Hopefully tonight :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't worry... It'll be fine!

      Delete
  3. I wish your block would get there! I sent out 4 international packages on the same day and the rest have already arrived at their destinations! I'll breathe a sigh of relief when you get it! Fun to see you in the Framed Purse swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just did! The sixth sense of yours must be working. The block is beautiful and the extras - yummie! Thank you for everything. I'll post about the blocks later on. ok?

      Delete
  4. I haven't been on the computer for a while so I didn't know about your project, but if you do another project, I want to join in!!! It sounds like so much fun. What a great idea. Today I am reading all your blogs that I missed. Quite a few since I haven't been on the computer for a few months. I found out that if I get on the computer, I don't get anything else done, so I decided to stay off the computer and get some housework and sewing done. Well, I'm sneaking on the computer as I still am not caught up on my sewing. I am doing some block of the month clubs and am doing a French Braid quilt plus I haven't finished all my housework. I am trying to downsize my home. I'm getting rid of anything I don't need. And there are lots of things I don't need. So I've been busy, but today I felt like getting on the computer and I decided to go to one blog site only and I chose yours since you sent me such a pretty gift a while back. So, now I am going to go back to reading some more of your older blogs.

    ReplyDelete