May 4, 2012

Scrappy? Sew bee it! May theme


Hope life has been kind to you and you are all well! Well, thank you; yes everything is just fine in my small corner of the world. Yesterday I took a day off from work - just for lollying about on the coach and enjoying doing nothing at all. I didn't get out of bed until 3 pm...Shame on me, dawdling like this, but I did get those parcels on their way to the winners of the 1st anniversary give away. Puh!

Scrappy? Sew bee it! Here we come! Time for the May theme (he, he...)

It was so fun to dream! I came up with about some 857 different patterns and lots of exciting colourlines.

After all the decision was rather easy as I've been dreaming about this one since I first set my greedy eyes on it:



Stargazing from Modern Blocks it is. And the colourline - rainbow colours on white background. Yes, just like in the picture. Not very original I'm afraid, but this is what I really want to do. Picture by courtesy of Fluffy Sheep quilting. I did start on my first block a couple of days ago, but there are no pictures yet (loitering, you know). The blocks are 12.5" and made out of scraps. The participants of the bee will get a separate email as soon as I've finished this post.

If you feel like joining us, and I really, really hope you do, just leave a comment and I'll contact you with the details. Or you can read everything here.

It is so much fun! The best part of blogging, in my mind, is the contact with similar minded people all over the world, creating something never seen before together. This is a great chance to meet some fun people and try something new. Once a month a new pattern is chosen by the reigning Queen Bee and we have one month time to make a 12,5" block out of scraps. It is such a thrill to see the ideas the Queen Bees come up with and even more when the blocks start coming your way...

Take care; I hope to see you soon again!

Note: The bee is now closed, all 12 places taken. Thank you for your interest; hope to see you next time.

19 comments:

  1. You have me totally tempted now. I fell in love with this quilt since I saw it here. But I have never committed to anything like this before and although I have a lot of fabrics, I do not have many scraps. What about backround fabric? Does it all have to be the same black/white/grey from a certain brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Sana, für diesen Quilt brauchst du nicht viele Stoffreste und mir ist der Hintergrund nicht so wichtig; Hauptsache weiß. Ich würde mich total freuen, wenn du mitmachst!

      Delete
  2. Hey May, wieviele Bienen hast du denn schon? Meinst du, ich kann den Mai als Probemonat nehmen, dir deinen Block nähen und dann entscheiden, ob ich weitermachen möchte?
    Es wäre super, wenn du auf meine Emailadresse antworten könntest, da ich selten zurückgehe, um zu gucken, ob jemand auf mein Kommentar geantwortet hat. Ich hätte dieses hier beinahe verpasst ;-) sanasaroti[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vilka härliga stjärnor, det riktigt lyser om dem!
    Kram från Kristin i Borås

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyvärr är det inte min kvilt, men jag hoppas att fa ihop en lika fin. Om du har lust kan du hoppa in och sy tillsammans med oss.
      Kram, May

      Delete
  4. I think I would like to do this. Have been pondering a bee. Thanks so much for the opportunity : ) Please send details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Carla, we are very happy that you want to join our group! I'll get back to you soon with the details.

      Delete
  5. I'd love to join too! Just found you via Lucy at charm about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jess
      This is just wonderful news! Of course we'd love to have you! I'll get back to you with the details in a couple of hours, there is a small matter of work to take care of...

      Delete
  6. I would love to participate! I found you at Lucy's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'd like to join you if you are not to many already. I don't blog a lot butI see more and have to many scraps. And I just love these stars.
    :-) Christiane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Christiane,
      willkommen in der Gruppe! Ich habe schon ein paar E-Mails geschrieben. Bis bald, May

      Delete
  8. I too would like to try this if I can?
    Never tried it before but one block a month sounds doable:-)
    Scraps? I have tons of them - and like the scrappy quilts so much - the one you show on top I have thought about so long. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Rosa,
      välkommen i gruppen. Vi är så glada att du kom med. Jag har redan skickat en email med lite info, men mera följer senare.
      Kram, May

      Delete
  9. I'd love to join too!! Also popping over from Lucy's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Helen
      This is so great; we just love to have you! I'm sure Jess will be most happy to see you. She was getting a bit lonely as the only one from downunder:-)

      Delete
  10. That Lucy has a lot to answer for - if you have space can I join in the fun!?

    Glad you liked Cindy's quilt as two of my blocks are in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Nicky
      Just in the nick of the time - now the last slot is gone...
      Welcome to the bee, we are more than happy to have you. Sure Lucy has a lot to answer for; she's my good soul!

      Delete