After some years of lurking around in cyberspace I finally last year wrote my first post. I never believed anyone would actually read my stuff, so you could have knocked me over with a feather as my first follower, beecee, turned up. And you know what? She is still around! It is a marvel.
I thought the blog would be only some kind of boring online diary with myself as sole reader, but things turned out differently. It has been an exceptionally rewarding and fun time writing posts, making pictures, quilting and above all making your aquintance. Thank you everyone for your encouragement, the inspiration and the friendly comments; you certainly have made a difference in my life. It means a lot to me. Thank you for sharing a part of my way with me.
This must be celebrated! I'd throw a party for you if I could, but as this is not possible a give away it is. For the occasion I made a couple of things from my own tutorials. No need for you to read the obnoxious ramblings, puuuh...
1. One armchair needlework organizer, including scissors from Solingen, Germany.
I ordered them some six weeks ago, but they got lost in the post. I wrote to the factory about it and they sent me new ones!!! Can you believe that?
You can take this organizer along with you in a bag or you can easily fasten it on your armchair so you have it handy for your stitcheries.
2. The second thing is a princess crown bag. It is the one you know from the tutorial. Anyone interested?
3. The third thing is a brand new quilting book with lots of quite good patterns
4. Then a chain of stuffed dogs as decoration in a window, or where ever you want to put it. The dogs are supposed to be a Swedish breed, Västgötaspets or Swedish Cattle Dog. They are sturdy little fellows with short legs. If you use some imagination you may even see a hint of a likeness.
I only realized today that I didn't have a good ribbon for this one; I'd forgotten it from my shoppinglist. Sorry. I'll just send the three doggies and the "jewels" and you can do what you want. Perhaps you could use it as needle cushions or for some woodoo if your doggie isn't behaving?
5. The last thing is a small gift pouch you already know from my postings. It will be stuffed with chocolate Easter eggs. I don't suppose they will be bad two weeks after Easter and taste as good as ever. Perhaps I should make sure and take a bite?
So, what do you need to do?
1. First of all you get one vote for leaving a comment and telling me what you want (no need to be modest!)
2. Followers get a second vote, only tell me so in your comment
3. You get a third vote if you link up to my place on your blog (please tell me)
6. This is extra: If you guess where I'm going tomorrow you will get a surprise gift from the country I'm going to. I don't know what the surprise will be; you just have to trust me it's going to be something good or at least fun.
If there are more than one right answer I'll toss a coin (or paper ball). Please name only one country.
- I've never been so far away before
- I cannot speak a single word in the language(s) spoken there
- it is a big country with an old civilization
The hints are not very helpful are they? Never mind, this is just a game.
What seemed like a good idea in November is now giving me second thoughts. A lot of "What ever possessed you to book tickets to this place? "What if we miss our connecting flight (in the middle of a desert); get lost, don't like the food...I've even printed a bunch of directions for the taxidrivers.
Well, second thoughts or not; Princess and I are on our way, far, far away hoping for some quality time and lots of good pictures to show.
Back to the give away. As this will not work with numbers, there is no need to write several comments. I going a new innovative way, with Excel. Wait and see; I'm an Excel nerd :-)
The give away closes on the 20th of April, 8 pm MET.
Until we meet again, take care and stay safe and sound; don't let the bugs bite you!