February 24, 2012

Coincidences?

Is there something like a cosmic consciousness? You know, someone tells you about the absolutely fascinating love life of giant fire ants and everywhere you look stuff about giant fire ants keep popping up? (I don’t know if there are any giant fire ants, but you get what I mean)
Speeding along like a spider in treacle this last week I’ve been thinking deep thoughts instead of doing anything useful. Just laying around in my favourite chair and musing about the state of the world (and next dinner).

One of my passions in life is travelling. There are so many white blobs on my world map and I just can’t wait to go everywhere. Well almost everywhere. As far as I recall I haven’t told anyone on my blog where I’m going before I set out, but you know what?
As I went to Istanbul I got visitors from Turkey just before I posted my pictures. I didn’t have any from there before. The same happened with Czechia and Egypt around the time I was there.

Something like this happened as BeeCee went shopping for these absolutely fabulous goodies and sent them to me as a surprise gift.


She told me as she looked at my blog afterwards that she saw my post about the world map and had a good laugh. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I like to think otherwise. I like to believe that you get what you give. Not 1:1, but something from somewhere else.

This parcel was waiting for me as I got home from Egypt a week ago. I can’t make up my mind what to make out of them. I really hate the thought of cutting them and maybe messing up. It has to be something special to make me dare the first cut. Perhaps I should take the cosmic hint and get on a plane to New York for some inspiration?

BeeCee, I cannot thank you enough for your gift; it truly made my day!

8 comments:

  1. fab fabrics, love the colours in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember right the middle one should be in your colours, right?

      Delete
  2. Läckra tyger, förstår din vånda! Men varför inte göra en kasse/väska att ha med på dina resor? Eller i alla fall resan till New York - då behöver du ju inte leta efter kartan :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack snälla Annika för förslaget. Ja, det är nog det som ligger närmast, men nagonting arbetar ännu i mig...

      Delete
  3. I don't like traveling very much, but those fabrics are oh so cute! You must think on it and come up with just the right project.... :)
    How about a set of pouches for packing when you travel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A set of pouches would be wonderful, but something else is working in the back of my mind...

      Delete
  4. you should definitely come visit NY. I'd love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, NY is on my agenda and has been for quite some time now, so I'm definitely coming. The big question is when. I'd love to meet you too; perhaps we could have some coffee, or something?

      Delete