January 21, 2012

2. finish 2012

Well, the second cushion finished. It looks exactly like the first one, with two different patterns. One on each side, so you can decide every day anew which combination you fancy most. In the picture you can see all four different ones.


Beauty really liked the two I made and decided to make two of her own. On one side she made a big nine-patch block and on the other side she took a similar nine-patch block and cut it twice straight through the middle.


She arranged the four pieces anew and it looks nothing like the nine-patch block she started with. It is so easy to sew, but it looks complicated. I got the idea from a pattern on Moda Bake Shop in case your are interested in how it is done. I can't remember the name of the pattern. Perhaps someone could help me out on this?


The cushions look rather cute on a white background as well, don't you agree?


Now I'm off again, the sewing machine is calling and that is a sound I cannot resist.

11 comments:

  1. Love your cushions! Red and white is always so fresh looking, and fun. I think what you described is a "disappearing nine patch" block. They are lots of fun, and depending on your color choices, you can make lots of cool patterns, or just have it scrappy. Great job on the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Snoodles; you're a dear! Perhaps I'll one day find the pattern again.

      Delete
  2. Din blogg är så fin och inspirerande! Hit vill jag gärna komma tillbaka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så mycket och välkommen tillbaka :-)
      Är du inte den nya medlemmen i Mina Stygn? Trevligt att träffas, om än endast virtuellt.

      Delete
  3. Lovely cushions! I am (nowadays, when I was young I was very strict and mostly into white/black/no frills whatsoever) totally addicted to roses and rose patterns.

    I can, however, very easily resist the sound of a sewing machine. In fact, I would most probably be seen running very fast in the opposite direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started quilting just to prove my friend wrong and got addicted. Shit happens...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your cushions very much :) I also need to make some and you have given me some ideas, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice cushion turned out, very gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Radka, I feel very honored by your intentions; can't wait to see your cushions!

    Tatiana; thank you for your kind words. By the way; did you get the parcel I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jätte fina dynor. gillar färgerna.
    ja du, såna här dåliga dagar är det ibland.men hoppas på en bättre morgondag!
    ~marita~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Marita, ja jag tycker mycket om tildatygerna även om det inte är mina färger. Har du redan sett Kära nåns blog? Hon har helt underbara bilder.

      Delete