December 4, 2011

Alsace, France

Just taking a break from this Christmas spirited housekeeping. It is actually not so bad, once you get started, but I'm not planning on participating in the contest "Best housekeeper of the Year award" any time near. I did try out Irene's advice, but with limited success. It went something like "Hey yo windows, get off my back!" (perhaps I should cut down on the Wire) They kept hinting at some, well, let us call it patina in a true Christian spirit.

But that is NOT the theme of this posting. Now I just want to show you some pictures from our latest trip to Alsace. We go there every year in October since 20 years for a weeks vacation. As you can well imagine we know every spot by heart, but we truly enjoy the stay there. We just go there, throw our stuff into the cupboards and are off to some of our favorit spots. On the way we buy some wine, some baguette, some cheese...
This year was a bit different as we had to shop a lot. We see each other so seldom, so we had to grab the chance and invest time and money in winterclothes for the kiddies.Rather a pity as there are a lot of beautiful places to go to. But well, there is always next year.

I will not bore you with details, just show you the pictures and tell that we had a great time, once again.



Alsace is wellknown for its storks. There are a lot of them.












We even saw some thieves; quite shocking!


There is a pumpkin feast every year in a small town called Logelheim. The whole town participates and there is a contest for the best show. I can only show you some of the pictures I took. There was a lot to see, good food to eat and we had a lot of fun.






4 comments:

  1. Good morning and very nice images. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Richard; you could have knowed me over with a feather. I just finished reading some books about the Amish. Thanks for the compliment; your's are in a quite different class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Alsace, it's a fairybook place!! We are planning/hoping to go there in the spring, but now I would have liked to go NOW!!

    I recognise Equisheim in the fourth picture - I think I have exactly the same photo. Well, more or less exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene; spot on. It is Equisheim, as well as no. 8. No. 5, 6, and 7 are from Kaysersberg, 12-13 Strasbourg and finally 14, 15 an 16 Zellenberg.

    ReplyDelete