A week ago I signed up at Lily's Quilts for her Small New Blog Meet-up. Her idea was to link a lot of new bloggers with each other and, of course, with other bloggers as well. Absolutely brilliant!
I certainly qualify for this feature as:
1. I only started in April with my blog and am still stumbling around without the slightest idea how to create the blog I'd like to have. You know; absolutely beautiful, stunning pictures, smart postings and ful to the brink with inspiration.
2. I have less than 20 followers. It was 11 one week ago, so my blog is peaking up, but still I'd love to get lots of comments everytime I sign in. I just love comments!
So what about me? I come from a family where women don't sit down with "empty" hands. There is a very long tradition of various handicrafts in my family. As long as I can remember I have been knitting, sewing and crocheting as well as a lot of other things. My problem is that I don't live anylonger in my home country (Finland) and there isn't much of a handicrafting tradition where I now live (Germany). Hey yo Germans - prove me wrong!
I'm addicted to colours and different materials, be it fabrics, paper, yarn or what ever. Sadly I can't draw or design anything.
I'm rather new to this quilting business, as I had a lifelong war going on with my (old)sewing machine. I simply haven't got the patience and the talent to get the things going the way I want. Two years ago I got infected with the quilting bug and everything has changed since then. I'm still untalented and impatient, but I'm sewing away as much and as fast as I can. (and loving it!) Still I'm missing all those kindred souls I used to have around me and I hope to find a new community through the quiltblogs. I love to browse around and admire all the beautiful works of art you all seem to produce so effortlessly :-)
Here is a short list about me:
1. I'm more of a patchworker than a quilter, because I'm scared stiff of quilting! My quilting is just disasterous.
2. I LOVE to travel. I grab at every opportunity to romp around the world.
3. I hate to cut my hair.
4. I love the sea.
5. I hate to get up in the morning.
6. I've had a lot of different jobs. Everything from picking flowers or making lamps in a factory to being a scientific assistant. Media technics it says now on my door at the threadwork mill and believe me - it has nothing to do with what I've studied. Much as I love what I'm doing now - it does get in the way of my hobbies.
7. London is my favorite city (after Helsinki of course). I'm sure the situation there will soon be sorted out.
8. I love whodunits. Flavia de Luce is my favorite sleuth (Alan Bradley). I wish I had something of her in my genes.
9. I'm very loyal to people.
10. I'm like a butterfly when it comes to the things I do. I get distracted by new colours, patterns, projects and am happily forever fluttering from flower to flower.
That's enough for now; I have a date with my sewing machine.
Take care, May